SMELLS LIKE A FIELD OF LAVENDER
If there is only one oil to keep in your home, we would recommend Lavender.
Lavender essential oil is one of the most popular and versatile oils, best known for its incredible sleep support, calming effects, and skin nourishment. Unlike some floral extracts, French lavender is pleasantly floral while not overpowering, perfect for winding down and a calming bedtime routine.
- Aroma: Floral yet not overpowering, fresh, sweet, invigorating, and lovely.
- Latin Name: Lavandula Angustifolia
- Class: Ester
- County of origin: France
- Plant Part: Flower tops
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
- Color / Consistency: A thin, clear, colorless liquid.
- Blends With: Bergamot, Citronella, Clary Sage, Geranium, Lemon, Orange, Palmarosa, Pine, Thyme, Rosemary, and Ylang-ylang.
- GC/MS Report
- Add 5-8 drops to a diffuser for better sleep or for a calming and relaxing environment.
- Great for skin nourishment, add a few drops to a carrier oil or to your current beauty products.
- Mix a few drops with some epsom salt and add your bath for a relaxing therapeutic soak.
Lavender use has been documented for over 2500 years. Used in ancient Egypt for mummification and perfume. In Rome lavender was used in cooking, bathing, and scenting the air.
In Medieval France, clothes were washed in lavender and hung to dry on lavender bushes. Lavender was used to scent drawers, perfume the air and ward off infection and heal wounds. The Ancient Greeks used lavender to fight insomnia and backaches.
Lavender is referred to in the Bible by the name “spikenard.” and noted as being a costly ointment. Today lavender is cultivated commercially in France, England, and Italy to name a few. Lavender is truly a magical plant, full of sweet fragrance and therapeutic in nature.
Today it is popularly used in the perfumery industry, soap making, household cleaning products, and deodorizers. It is also known for its calming effects. This beautiful floral essential oil has many benefits, including skin nourishment.
For aromatic and topical use only.
Dilute with a carrier oil when used topically.
CAUTION: Keep out of reach of children. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, nursing, or in treatment. Avoid contact with your eyes and all mucous membranes or sensitive areas. Avoid UV rays for 18 hours after applying topically.
OUR HAPPINESS GUARANTEE
Shades of Nature guarantees BEAUTY and QUALITY, if you are unhappy with your Stone Diffuser or Stone essential oil holder for any reason, please let us know so we can refund, replace or resolve it. Please let us know within 30 days after receiving it.